X10 house!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 house!
  • From: "Michael Mc Aree" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:54:47 -0000

The spark has now finished the rewiring of my house and I now have 10 LD11
controlled lights :-) I had 1 CAT5 put into each room along with CT100 for
TV. The wife thinks it is great. Using Homeseer I have numerous macros and
conditional triggers which work a treat. 'Bedtime' switches everything off
over a period of 10 minutes. The landing light stays on until all of the
bedroom lights are switched off and Homeseer reckons we are 'asleep'. The
house has a nice wood panelled hallway so I went for the brass 4 gang push
button on LetsAutomate. This just sets it off beautifully considering the
house was built in 1931 and although the switch was very expensive it is
much better than the plastic alternative. I would love to install a Comfort
Alarm but just can't afford to at the moment and I haven't yet got my
Cameras, Temperature Sensors or Weatherstation installed in the new house
so
there is still plenty of HA to be getting on with! I did however install a
Comfort Keypad in the porch for future use and ran the cables to the attic
:-)
Is there any way to speed up the softstart of the LD11's ? Sometimes I
would
like them to come on a bit quicker.
Another thing, please stop with the Epods!!! I am trying my best to syphon
money off for a Comfort Alarm and then a ?200 webpad appears!! I don't need
these temptations!

Michael
BELFAST

company, unless specifically stated.