RE: Re: Wireless (again)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Wireless (again)
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <dbrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:35:37 +0000

>What cards were these again?

'Twas a Buffallo PC card and an "airstation". Card was 99 quid,
Airstation was lower end of 200 quid and something. We're contemplating
just returning them to the supplier for a refund. Shouldn't have been such
cheapskates in the first place!

>I have to find a PCMCIA wireless LAN card and some sort of receiver
>(preferably a base station type of device which simply plugs into my
10/100
>switch but at a push a PC mounted card for peer-peer networking might
do)
>for the ePod and am just looking around for thoughts and opinions on
what's
>out there.

Well, although someone mentioned the Buffallo does have an external antenna
socket, our supplier (Simply) says the antennas won't be available for
another month. The range was OK without obstructions, but with obstructions
it was really poor. I would imagine in my flat, the AP mounted centrally it
would work everywhere, but I have a small flat ;->

>(BTW - Your CD's went off today first class ... I didn't bother with
>recorded as I have the restores at home in case they go astray anyway.)

Excellent, thanks a million. I'll let you know when I've got them what the
guy thinks of the data :-)

- -- -[Doogie Brodie]- -- -
- -- -[Senior Developer]- -- -
Total Repair Solutions UK