Wireless LAN

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Wireless LAN
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <dbrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:58:27 +0000

Hi guys,

We just got delivery of not very much wireless kit to test ranges etc for a
project.

1 Buffallo Airstation
1 Buffallo PC Card (worryingly saying PCMCIA on it - weren't they supposed
to stop doing that?)
1 Buffallo PCI PC Card Caddy

I've just taken them out of the box and doh! no external antenna
connections!

(It wasn't me that ordered them, so not my fault!)

Unfortunately, they were selected because of price against the competition.

If the range is particularly poor inside a desktop case, what is the next
most cost effective option including external ariels? (I'm sure others have
suggested Compaq)

Cheers

- -- -[Doogie Brodie]- -- -
- -- -[Senior Developer]- -- -