RE: A little wireless advice

At 19:43 15.01.01 +0000, you wrote:

>Dunno, never really measured it because it s fast enough. I ll plug in
the
>laptop and transfer a few 10Meg files back and forth later, and time
them
>with a stopwatch. Once I have some results, I ll post them. Isn t it
>interesting that 3 months ago no-one on this list has wireless?

That is not 100% correct, I get my Internet by Breezecom (the system are
limited in speed (3Mb/s max, 2Mb/s when as far away as I am (2Km)) but can
handle more clients (more than 10) to one basestation before performance
goes down, it is also expensive (my setup (on my side only, my university
supplies the basestations) is about UKP700 (with 24dB aerial), and I have
had this setup for about a year...

Anders