Re: Epods

> Well I now have a hacked ePOD infront of me (and three more in boxes)

Greedy git!!! :-)

> guess what, the power supply is 100-240 with a standard figure of
eight
> connector, hooray !

Excellent news...same as Dell Digital Audio Reciever.  Perhaps US is seeing
Europe as more of a potential market for all these things.

> So all I need now is some network cards. I wanted to go
> the Linksys wireless route, but can not find any suppliers in the UK.

Dan is using the LinkSys stuff successfully.  Here is a Linksys.co.uk which
points to PC World (and others) as UK stockists but I see no sign of
wireless stuff there.  Anyone know if these models are available in the UK
yet?

> think it may be Proxim Symphony cards with the bridge to allow me to
place
> anywhere (my house is soon to be flood-wired with CAT5 so I can do
lots of
> experimenting with best positions - ooer!).

Yeah...Dan pointed this out to me too...an access point can be plugged into
any LAN socket round the house.

> Right now I am going to try to get Active sync working, just as soon
as I
> can find my laplink cable. I will get round to writing a review, but
will
> probably wait until I have at least one ePOD surfing my LAN and the
internet
> through the router.

Hurry up man!!! :-)

> PS. I resisted taking a picture of the four ePODs and putting it up on
the
> web, but only just ;-)

WHY!!!!

Take picture now!!!