RE: Wireless LAN

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Wireless LAN
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:55:13 +0100

Sorry again I was referring to the fact that you can /defineately/ connect
the RJ45 to a HUB/Switch (as per page A-2 - specifications point 2) where
it says

"Use cross-over cables (not included) for connection to external
modems.
Use regular cables for connection to HUB or Switch"

Some people may not have been sure if it was possible. Personally I
wouldn't use the modem just the Ethernet . The implication is that it must
be able to route between the networks if it allows you connect to a Switch
or hub - isn't it?

I appreciate what you are saying re: you don't need an access point -
however if you have no free slots in your main PC then it sort of makes
the choice for you... I'm just looking to see if I can get it here in
Holland.

A.

"Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
15/01/2001 14:43