Important Discovery!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Important Discovery!!
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:24:31 -0000

I have a groove in my front left tooth, which is perfect for stripping
wires. I have this groove precisely because I have stripped so many wires
with my teeth: it's a sort of vicious circle.

Today however, I found out two things about working with phone wiring.

1) 50V in the mouth hurts rather a surprising amount. without thinking I
stripped the wire on the inbound phone connection with my teeth. the ring
wire was okay, the B wire was okay, but stripping the  wire whilst holding
the (bare) B wire in my left hand was most definetly >not< okay.

2) My soldering iron leaks enough 50Hz onto the wiring being soldered to
cause the phones to ring continuously whilst the tip is attached to eitehr
the A or B Wire..... cool, huh?

Ian.