The Perfect solution ;) I found it, its not available yet, but nearly

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The Perfect solution ;) I found it, its not available yet, but nearly
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 01:49:43 -0000

My nirvana :)

SPECS

http://qubit.net/pressbox/orbit_specs.pdf

For those that can't see that, here are the juicy bits :)

The screen ;)

The WebTablet has an active matrix touch screen.

The specs are: 10.4 inch screen(TFT,) 800 x 600 resolution, and 16 bit
color

CPU: National Semi Media GX1 300Mhz
RAM: 32Mb, plus a sodimm slot free!!!!
16mb flash

Wireless Lan built in!!!!!! 802.11b on board! Wi-Fi and ssl 128 bit
compliant!

1.3kg 260Wx220Dx22H

LithIon battery

PORTS: CF slot, smartcard reader, usb,

There is talk of linux support :)

Pricing

The complete package, $998. plus shipping and handling, includes:

1 Orbit Qubit Wireless WebTablet, color touch screen with stylus, Qubit
software and features
1 IR keyboard
1 25WH Li-ion main battery pack
1 AC wall charger
1 Recharging Cradle
1 Wireless access point

*********
The Basic Package- $799. plus shipping and handling

Everything included above
EXCEPT the wireless access point.

The Basic option is in response to requests from those who intend to use
multi tablets per location and homeowners with wireless transmitters
already
in place.

What can I say, I will be ordering one when they are available, now if only
I could get an ipaq with built in 802.11b with 128bit  I could die happy ;)

Others might be interested in their home gateway interface. And someone
might be interested in the linkup with whirlpool for fridge mounted tablets
;)

DesG