Re: letsbuyit.com

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: letsbuyit.com
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <dbrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:17:41 +0000

>Thats what i've done for the moment....couldn't get all of my channel
logo's
>there though....thats where digiguide and painstshop pro came in handy
;-)

Yep :-)

>Has anyone come up with interesting uses for the home section? I think
>will make this an x10 section for sending commands to homeseer....but
that
>sort of fits in the macro section too ?!?!
>what other ways have people handled the macro / home / device sections

I barely use the home screen. It has links to my device screens, and my
system power up button (turn on TV, turn on amp, set tv to sky digital, set
amp to sky digital, set jump to tv favourites page 1) but nothing exciting.
On my Lights control panel, the power button does system shutdown, runs X10
macros etc. It then jumps to home so that it has the switch on system
easily to hand.

Most of the time I use devices. I don't use the pop up device changer, I
have next device/ previous device buttons on the screen. Each device has
several tabs which link to the other pages of it. Every screen has a link
to lights, and a link to TV favourites. Under macros, I have all of the
hidden items used to perform other functions - eg my TV (toshiba) doesn't
support discrete input selection, so have the macros to change to specific
inputs on there, but these are just aliased to buttons in the proper
section. I keep my timers under there too, so that they are easyish to get
to if I want to change them from the couch (eg, the other day when Sky
changed the Simpsons from 6:30 to 7:00 and it switched itself on only to
find Happy Days onscreen....! Quick change and everything was right in the
world again :-)  Damn you Sky for trying to make me watch such poop!

<RANT SUBJECT="Sky Dodgital">

(Is it just me or has Sky One quality been plummeting recently? I mean
content wise, not technically -  Smash Hits TV and the Dream Team seem to
be on all the time at the weekend - new Simpsons at 18:30, new Futurama at
20:30 with a Simpsons repeat and bloody Dream Team in the middle - I
wouldn't watch that if they gave me free subscription!. And they've lost
first run to Friends to E4, which still hasn't been confirmed as being
available on Sky Digital, even though it launches in like 6 days.....

</RANT>

- -- -[Doogie Brodie]- -- -
- -- -[Senior Developer]- -- -
Total Repair Solutions UK