Re: Wireless LANs - WARNING, LONG :)

> Mark, are you planning on getting a pcmcia sleeve by any chance, I get
the
> impression that even with the sleeve and pcmcia card that the extra
size
and
> weight may not be as big a drawback as I had assumed.

I have seen a picture of it on the Net with the PCMCIA card it is a fat wee
fella! :-)  The PCMCIA sleeve differs from the CF one in that in contains a
second battery to help with the bigger current draw of PC card devices.

I will try and find it for you and post the URL (Kwong I sent it to you do
you have it?).  I know Kwong has CF sleeves on most of his iPAQs and
possibly a PCMCIA one on order?

> Hmmm, pity stock levels are so low on the ipaqs and the pcmcia sleeve,
> reckon I need a touchy feeley session with the whole ensemble to
decided
if
> it is worth the money, although I am beginning to think it is :)

I bought it as a PDA but this whole wireless thing opens up so many
possibilities.
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/columns/wirelesslan.asp

M.