Re: UK Newsgroup

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: UK Newsgroup
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark_Harrison_UK@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:27:09 -0000

Mark - I know how depressing trying to start a newsgroup is...
Remember this???? (Look carefully at the date)...

Message 454 of 7750

From: Harrison, Mark (Alliance)  <Mark.Harrison@b...>
Date: Wed May 12, 1999 9:06am
Subject: Re: USENET group???

Dear all,

I am having another go at walking down the "Mark McCall" road.

I have, this morning, sent a formal RFD to the powers that be. I hope
that this will appear in uk.net.news.announce shortly.

I will post the full RFD (quite short) to this mailing list for your
info.

Please do get on over to uk.net.news.announce at the end of the week,
and express your support for a "fast-track" creation.

I believe that uk.comp is the right place, since the uk.comp hierarchy
is likely to get carried more than uk.rec???

Regards,

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 181 869 1439
Fax: +44 181 423 7711
SMTP: Mark.Harrison@b...

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> After several "discussions" on comp.home.automation with an
American called Claus, I now remember why I gave up trying to create
a UK newsgroups a couple of years ago.

> I'm afraid the people who shout loudest in these things seem to be
the ones that aren't even involved in home automation in the UK!