RE: Wireless LANs

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Wireless LANs
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:41:31 -0000

Is Buffalo the AP that can come with an ISDN router? If so Ant, what have
they found concerning range compared with mainstream ?

I would add one caveat for home users - don't consider anything in a
domestic environment where you can't add an external antenna. Radiators are
not conducive to signal propagation:) Once I get the Compaq's up and
running
I think it will be a good solution, simply because you can make up the
cable
length to suit each individual PC.

Interesting on the Taiwanese thing. The Compaq cards and AFAIK the Cisco
cards are both made in Japan. A lot of the mainstream cards use a chipset
made by Intersil, which again is made in Taiwan.

Tim.