Re: Wireless LANS

>When it does work it is great, I’ve been watching the live Bloomberg TV feed at 300K (via DSL) on it, and my nephew has been streaming Britney Spears

>videos when ever he can get his hands on it! Just like a Pocket TV, only more expensive!

Nice one.

I think this setup has serious HA potential.

With Comfort, HomeVision and HomeSeer all now having web interfaces it's not hard to imagine how you could control your entire home with a PDA on a wireless LAN.  I believe there is also a VNC client for the pocket PC. (iPAQ is cheaper than colour Pronto).

Imagine Comfort detecting movement on the driveway and sending pictures from the CCTV camera at the front of the house to your PDA.

Not completely sure on how all this would be achieved but there is great potential.

M.

eGroups Sponsor
Click
here for Business information