Re: FW: UK Home Automation

just posted this.....

M.

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:41:02 GMT, andrew@Spam_Me_Not.oakley.net (Andrew Oakley) wrote:

>I do not support this proposed newsgroup as I believe the subject
>would be better served under a more general UK electronics/electricals
>group. I believe uk.tech.home-automation to be too small an interest
>to create sustainable levels of discussion.

As webmaster of the Automated Home UK website (Est 1996) I must disagree with the above.  While doubtless well meaning, I wonder what the author knows on this subject or the level of interest it has in the UK.

When you think of all the technologies Home Automation encompases (Home networks, Home Cinema, Telephony, MP3 Jukeboxes, Remote control lighting, Security, HVAC etc) it is hardly surprising it creates a healthy following.

I am also the owner/creator of the UK Home Automation mailing list and it has had over 1000 posts some months.

I see no dis-advantage in the creation of a Home Automation Newsgroup for the UK - whether it goes by this name or a different one..