Dumb LD11 question - just checking!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Dumb LD11 question - just checking!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:16:57 -0000

I think the answer to this is obviously a yes, but I just wanted to confirm
it before I part with any more cash..

The question is: Can the LD11 be used without ANY external switch at all?
IE
only X10 control is required..

The reason is that I'm just in the process of replacing some lamps in the
bedroom, and I'm replacing standalone table lamps with some wall mounted
uplighters on the wall above the headboard. The old lamps are currently
just
on plug-in lamp modules, and controlled by a Mini-timer on the bedside
table. I want to put the new ones on LD11's, as I WILL want a switch for
the
one on SWMBO's side (she insists on such things, plus then she needn't even
know it's on X10, as to her mind it will still work like a
"normal" light)
But the one on my side I neither need nor want any other switch except the
MT10 that's already there.

Also, while on the subject of switches, does anybody know of a suitable
alternative to the ones on Lets Automate? - as quite frankly £43 for a
single "dumb" switch is ludicrous - that's more than the LD11
costs! all it
needs is a simple mains rated momentary push switch, it must be possible to
get a M***ins part for a couple of quid and mount it myself on a blank
plate!!

Would M***ins part no's FF96E (£1.19), ML64U (£1.29), or RD20W (£2.29) be
suitable?, any of these in a single blanking plate would give me the same
funtionality for about £2 a go!!

Cheers all.

Paul G.