RE: URGENT : Ideas Wanted

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: URGENT : Ideas Wanted
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <dbrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 17:17:11 +0000

>This year was the first in many where I havn't watched the christmas
>lectures, and it was because of this plonker. He just winds me up and I
end
>up shouting at him on the TV :-) He's like one of the
"experts" they have
>on .TV

I gave up emailing Chips With Everything - about 50% of the CWE shows I
watch (I default to .TV for standard background tv when there's nothing
else worth watching) I end up screaming at the TV, because the problem the
user has is quite simple (eg someone who had the KAK virus and displayed
all the symptoms - the driver memory error window on startup etc ) and they
completeley misinterpret the question/ problem and give useless answers (eg
emm,  in old systems you needed special drivers to access your memory, but
you shouldn't nowadays, go online and download latest drivers for all your
kit!) If you put the users query into Google, you get a much better answer
rate! And that Kate bimbette....  not to mention Will from buyers guide and
all the adverts he's in for ambulance chasing lawyer companies!

Plus, with the amount they repeat everything (eg "You should upgrade
to Windows ME when it comes out" or "So did you watch the
Olympics much?" - that one was on about a fortnight ago!!!) I don't
know why I bother!

;->

- -- -[Doogie Brodie]- -- -
- -- -[Senior Developer]- -- -