Re: Money to Burn...Your Dream HA System?

I'll answer what I know, and leave the rest for others more inclined:

> Fast EtherNet

Netgear make some of the best products for the SoHo market, not as
expensive
as the Cisco gear, but a damn sight better quality than the many
"hookie"
brands out there.

I use the FS108, an 8 port autosensing Dual Speed Switch, which is awesome.
It has been the case on more than a few occassions that I have a faster
network at home than on a client site.

I also use Netgear NICs, the FA310-TX units, utterly solid, and supported
across the board (Linux included)

I throw around quite chunky video files on our network, and can have the TV
PC doing hefty MPEG encodes to the server, whilst the wife and I are
playing
Unreal Tourney at silly speeds!

The only time I had a problem (dead PSU) I had a replacement shipped by
2-Day UPS from Austin Texas, no quibbles at all.

They also do rather sexy little ISDN routers (I may be getting one soon)

All in All, highly recommended.

Ian.