Re: URGENT : Ideas Wanted

Keith,
I'm not sure if it would fit your remit, but one thing I would like to see
is a virtual ISP.

I am totally non-plussed by Internet Applicances, no matter how cool,
because I think each time that I don't want yet another phone connected
device.  Back in the old days, I remember a virtual phone line used for
testing dial-up connecttions, where you plugged each modem into one end of
box, and it basiclaly generated the required dialtone and ring tone, for
each end, then went ahead and connected them directly.

If each IA could be connected over an internal phone line which was then
"kidded" onto the LAN, and perhaps to the net via a proxy, that
would be
pretty cool.....

Ian.