Re: URGENT : Ideas Wanted

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: URGENT : Ideas Wanted
  • From: pam.senffner@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:24:24 -0700

Kieth,

I am sorry if the ideas I gave you earlier seemed so simple. Things
like more options in light switches etc.

However in my experience the faster you go towards variety and eye-candy
type
stuff the faster the product takes off.

Ski equipment and scuba equipment are two things that prove that out. At
one
time scuba diving was all black and metal and very manly...After awhile
manufacturers wised up and saw that a huge market was being bypassed by not
making little designer wetsuits and pastel mask and fin sets.

I know a lot of guys that scrape up their dollars to purchase home
automation
stuff because it is a silly hobby. I bet it would become a house necessity
instead of a silly hobby if it appealed to the whole family.

So that is my thought, of course it has to have reliability, but the sales
will come quicker if it also has appeal. In every area currently existing
in
home automation we need more variety and more competition to choose from.

Pam