RE: Pronto :-)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Pronto :-)
  • From: REB.Barnett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:48:03 -0000

> There are some good hardware add-ons available to make the
> Palms IR range
> useful in this role.  Definitely worth pursuing if you have
> an unused one
> lying around.

I have a Palm Personal upgraded to Palm III, which apparently gives the
most
powerful IR output. However, if you hold the Palm so you can view the
screen, the emitter points at the ceiling and doesn't work. Is the
'bouncability' of IR transmitters a function of power or frequency?

The directional thing is the only real problem - it prevents macros unless
you're pretty good with your timing and remember to aim the Palm at the TV
followed by the HiFi...

The Pronto's going to wait until I've upgraded to better surround sound
system than that built into the TV...

Ray Barnett.