Re: Wildly off topic!

On 2001.01.04 09:20:40 +0000 John Benfield wrote:
> PS. I'm waiting for latest excuses from Thameslink now that the
service
> is mostly back to normal. I really am expecting a tanoy saying
"Sorry for
> the late running of your service today, this is due to trains on the
> track", or more likely "Sorry for the late running of your
service today,
> this is due to having to stop to pick up passengers".

hehe, this reminds me of a story my Grandad told me about when he used to
work for the local bus company.

The company issued a new timetable, with the time in between stops cut
drastically. All the drivers knew the timetable was impossible to stick to,
but the bosses inisted that they could.

So one driver set off from the depot with a bus full of passengers, and
went on his run. He made it back to the depot with no time to spare,
"See I
told you" said the boss smugly. but what he'd done was just driven
round
the route, and not stopped at any of the stops :-) they were the same
passengers who'd got on the bus when it set off :-)

--
,,,
(o o)