RE: LM12W - X10 Lamp controler.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: LM12W - X10 Lamp controler.
  • From: nigel@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 18:23:39 -0000 (GMT)

> Misterhouse code to control the dimming. I'll definatly have a look
> at
> putting an appliance module up there, though if I have to put up

You could of course take a lamp module apart and use it instead, but
I've not got round to that yet...

> Before I pull my appliance module apart, how easy are they to put
> back together? :-)

Almost as easy as taking them apart.  Usual disclaimers apply, don't
do it unless you are reasonably dextrous...

One large black screw through the middle of it, two at the top, and
one under the fuse.  If you remove those, the back sections come off,
then you can see where to split the two parts away, and get
connections to Live, Neutral, Earth and switched Live.

The only fiddly bit in mine was part of the fuseholder- there's a
funny little plastic moulding that holds it together.  Best advice I
can give is take the thing apart very carefully, having replaced the
fuse after removing the screw under it, then before you do anything
else take the fuseholder apart carefully and see how it all fits.

The alternative approach is the one I took- take the thing apart in
blind ignorance, notice inconsequential plastic bit falling away, and
wonder why it doesn't go together easily again...

An alternative to mounting it in a box on the ceiling would be to
mount it behind the ceiling rose, with long screws holding the
ceiling rose to the ceiling, and clamping the lamp module in place.
But that would probably be rather noticable because of the shadows.

Nigel