Re: comfort beginners guide

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: comfort beginners guide
  • From: "Andrew Roberts" <andrew@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:10:57 -0000

From: peter.white@xxxxxxx

> Hi all
> Does anybody know a good place to look for a decent FAQ for Comfort??
I've had
> a long look at their website, but it doesn't really give me the
answers I
need.
> Alternatively, if any of you are able to spare a couple of mins
answering
the
> following it would be much appreciated....

Hi Peter,
We'd like to make access to more detailed information possible, so you can
apply for access to our detailed
area on the Comfort website here: http://www.comfort.org.uk/index4.html
If you have any ideas on how (and what) we can communicate more specific
technical info, please let us know.
On the site you will find the Installation Manual, which contains some
tips,
and the Training and Cable manuals as well as lots of application specifc
examples and other resources. Most has been written for installers who
already have basic knowledge, but we
are considering how to make this more accessible to non-installers who are
using Comfort as a DIY product.

You may find certain useful Comfort info on this page too:
http://www.comfort.org.uk/products/8001.html

You can also join our Comfort egroups here:
http://www.comfort.org.uk/index8.html

and we have a new block schematic here
http://www.comfort.org.uk/index3.html

> PS Unlike most of the people on this list it seems, I don't 'do'
programming,
> nor do I have much experience with electronics, though obviously I
wired
in my
> last alarm without any problems - is this enough knowledge to be able
wire in
> a Comfort system?

If you can install an Alarm and X10 you shouldn't have any problem with
Comfort.

Regards

Andrew Roberts
Comfort Home Controls