Computer operated remote

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Computer operated remote
  • From: "Chris Jack" <christopher_jack@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:59:07 -0000

I am looking for something that will allow me to
interactively control any appliance with a remote
control with programs I will write on my PC.

Basically I want to turn my computer into an advanced
remote control.

I looked at the Pronto and RC5000 but, although
you could do some programming of those remote
controls from your PC, you couldn't actually make
either send commands under PC control. You still
have to actually press the button on the remote.

I have looked at X10 a bit, but the devices seem
to be mostly on/off in nature, but maybe someone
knows of something of this ilk that can do the
full remote control bit.

Regards
Chris