RE: LM12W - X10 Lamp controler.

The only problem I see with this is that the dimmer units have a fuse to
protect the triac when the bulb blows. So it will need to be accessible for
fuse changes (WAF).

Another way is to run a Twin Flat & Earth cable from the ceiling rose
to a
LD10/11 mounted in a more accessible place. See Comforts retrofit method
here http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/%7Eiscam/bropdf/X10_AD10_RETRO.PDF
.
You will also need to change the wall switch to one of the 'MK' momentary
wall switches here http://www.comfort.org.uk/products/index11.html
or similar.

Vince