Re: Re: A bit OT but Favourites/Bookmark Management Recommendations

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: A bit OT but Favourites/Bookmark Management Recommendations
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:05:08 -0000

This may not be any help, but one thing I have done at home is to modify
the
path to the IE bookmarks on all the machines on my LAN to point to a shared
copy on a server. Since IE bookmarks are just folders/shortcuts, its a
simple matter of creating a network share and copying the folder structure
into it.

A registry edit on all the client PC's is required to modify the path,
which
I can provide if required.

Now, no matter what PC on my LAN I use, I always see a consistent view of
the bookmarks, and if I add a new one, it is automatically and immediately
visible on any/all other machines.

Oh, and really I should say "favourites" rather than
"bookmarks", but you
know what I mean....

Paul G.