RE: Light Dimming without using X10?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Light Dimming without using X10?
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 11:21:54 -0000

> I'd be interested to know if there's an alternative system
> that I could use to dim lights other than X10.
> If it's a triac based system, then preferably one that would
> enable me to put lots of filtering on the mains wiring,
> which of course X10 won't!

I have been working on a system for longer than I care to remember....

Its triac based, driven by a PIC its at a working prototype stage I just
never get round to finishing it !

My system is always in flux (pun intended) the link has never been mains
carrier, first RS485 then CAN next step is TCP/IP, the archives have a
fairly detailed description of it.

I keep thinking next holiday I will get it finished but.... something else
crops up. I fact today was reserved for working on it, but haveing just
looked at my bank balance I think time would be better spent getting up to
date with my Invoicing !

John