RE: Dome Auction

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Dome Auction
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:51:24 -0000

Thanks for the info, even if it's not good news!  I was just trying to work
out a good excuse to get out of a meeting in Ireland next Thursday (when
th=
auction is on), but now it looks I don't need to worry!

I did go along there today, and for anyone managing a theatre it must be a
treasure mine - piles and piles of lights and control equipement.

The plasma monitors were graded 1,2 or 3, 1 being AOK, 2 showing some burn
and 3 being knackered.  12 of the screens were still boxed and unused. I'd
be using it as a TV, and to be honest I'd pay =A31-1.5k for one of them,
bu=
none of the staff had the faintest idea of what they'd be going for.  They
were certainly attracting a lot of interest, though overall it was still
very quiet.

For anyone looking for PCs, they had upwards of 200 Compaq PII/350's - not
leading edge but good for HA.  Lots of UPS and 15" LCD screens too.

They also had what must have been about 300 Palm Pilot V's all boxed and
unused - nice to see the money wasn't wasted!

Pete