RE: Dome Auction

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Dome Auction
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:59:40 -0000

Just to confirm what Keith's saying...

At the moment we have a Pioneer 40" 4:3 plasma at work and we've
probably
had it no more than 18 months. It doesn't show the same things all day,
it's
not even showing things all day but it does usually get left on all day (9
-
6) - even though people are told to power it down after use. It is
*definitely* getting greyer as time goes on ... it's certainly not as
bright
or contrasty as it used to be.

I'd be very wary of buying a plasma at the moment - especially a second
hand
one. I've been and looked at several that were current six months ago
(including the Pioneer 50" XGA) and I really didn't think that they
were at
a point where they were suitable for long term domestic use.

Phil