[HELP] IRQ Problem....I think

  • To: 'UKHA Discussion' <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [HELP] IRQ Problem....I think
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:53:47 -0000

Hi All,

got a call from a friend who cant get his BT Speedway ISDN card to work.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still nothing.

I compared his settings to mine and there are differences.

His machine on boot up shows the BIOS detecting the card and assigning
IRQ11.
After boot up Device Manager shows an IRQ of 12 and a bit exclamation mark.
Windows will NOT allow the IRQ to be changed.

My machine on boot up shows the BIOS detecting the card and assigning IRQ9.
After boot up Device Manager shows an IRQ of 9 and will not allow it to be
changed.

Mine works, his doesnt. I suspect the IRQ to be the problem but I'm sure
someone out there will know the answer.

Thanks

Keith