Re: MP3 decoding

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MP3 decoding
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:21:40 -0000

I would imagine that most MP3 rippers would allow you to remove/omit any
silence at the beginning/end of tracks? (Audiocatalyst has this option) -
as
log as there is no silence actually encoded in the MP3 file, then when you
play them back in succession, they "should" play back without any
gap
between tracks...

I'm sure this is the case, because if you look through the plugins at
Winamp.com, there are literally dozens of plugins available that do nothing
other than insert a gap between tracks in a playlist, to avoid precisely
the
"problem" of tracks playing with no audible gap between them...
(it's a
"problem" if you're recording out to Minidisc...)

Paul G.

>From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] MP3 decoding
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:00:54 -0000
>

> > With the DDAR, if you're playing a live album (for example I have
Pink
> > Floyds "Pulse" mp3'd which is one of my favourite
albums) then do you