BT Internet changes Terms and Conditions.

  • To: "UKHA Discussion (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: BT Internet changes Terms and Conditions.
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:33:57 -0000

Hi All,

I know some of you are on BTI and others have had problems with
"excessive
use" of 24/7 internet connections.
For "excessive use" read "on-line for too long"

Just recieved an email advising of changes to BT Internets Terms and
Conditions and one paragraph is worthy of mention before any of you fall
foul of it......

http://www.btinternet.com/new/content/terms/

<SNIP>
7. Restrictions on use

7.1<SNIPPED>.

7.2 <SNIPPED>.

7.3 If, following routine system administration of the Service (including
without limitation server, network and security monitoring, and monitoring
for unattended logins), we detect that your use of the Service:

(i) impairs the integrity of the system and/or the network used to provide
the Service; or

(ii) causes detrimental performance of the Service to you or any other
customer;

We reserve the right, on giving you prior notice where practicable, to
suspend your access to the Service (without prejudice to our right to
terminate this Contract under paragraph 8.1) until we receive assurance
from
you that you will not use the Service in such a manner.

</SNIP>

This may be of interest to those wanting a "permanent" connection
to the net
who cant yet get ADSL.

Keith