Video and RS 232 switcher

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Video and RS 232 switcher
  • From: "Anthony Umann" <anthony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:29:13 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to find an RS-232 controlled video switcher that will allow for
4, 8, or 16 inputs has anyone seen this out there?

I would also like to find a way to multiplex one RS-232 to control more
than
one camera through a single serial port. 4 cameras at first, then move up
8.

Right now my application ( http://www.iomojo.com/camdemo/ )
is working with
one camera. We have a systems with 2 serial ports one of which is
controlling a camera with an X10 firecracker in line, the other serial port
is reserved for the switcher

The PC system has 2 PCI slots so I could use this for a serial expansion
card but it would be cool to leave that open for another video capture card
, 2 4-input video capture cards and an 8 port RS-232 switcher for camera
control + an 8 channel video switcher -all on one box. That would be
awesome
!

Much appreciated,

Anthony Umann