RE: Re: Linksys wireless prices

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Linksys wireless prices
  • From: "Dan Hoehnen" <dhoehnen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:16:47 -0500

> > Still 1 hour away.  It's finding that 1 hour of time that is
hard.  The
> > first version will be VERY basic.  It is sized to fit on the
> iPaq, so only
> > has 15 buttons.  You configure the button text and the api
command to
> > execute by editing a text file.  Future features will include
> the ability
> > receive api commands (for popup messges for example) and to allow
for
> > multiple pages/groups, just like the full-blown ACE Client.
>
> Excellent!
>
> When the receive API command part is working would there be anyway to
have
> the output of a CCTV camera appear on the client?
> Don't want much do I! :-)

The current ACE Client can't even do that :(  But, it would be nice.  It
would certainly be possible to display a jpg or gif on the client, but not
sure about live video.  I'll have to see what, if any, tools are available
for VB6 and eVB for doing live video over a tcp/ip connection.  I have a
sample for voice I have been dying to try, so each ace client could be a
kind of intercom.  But, it is a VB6 sample, not eVB, so don't know if it
can
be done on WinCE.  Oh boy, I bet I just started something here.  I better
keep my mouth shut in the future.

If this thread continues, Mark, I think we need to move it to a more
accurately titled thread.

Dan