RE: Video ripping question?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Video ripping question?
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:15:55 -0000

OK Ian ... you seem to know your stuff on this and we've touched on this
before.

Some people seem to love the ATI All-In-Wonder 128 card and some reckon it
sucks ... as before I'm still trying to spec out a machine to work
primarily
as an image processing machine (for digital stills) and for use as a hard
disc recorder.

Hard disc space won't be an issue but image quality is ... I'm looking at
wanting to use full frame (which when I used to program video graphics
meant
768x574 resolution for PAL) and without dropping frames ... I'm also
looking
for DVD (or better) quality. This would be used with a CRT projector on a
7ft wide screen and I can promise you that even S-VHS is unwatchably bad
when blown up that big!

Is the ATI up to that? I've been told to try the Matrox G450 TV card but
haven't been to look yet.

Phil

VCR.