Re: Microphones

Hmmm. So it sounds like most of the problems with voice recognition are more to do with the software than hardware failings.

Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 7:49 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Microphones

with the expensive mics I have used Homeseer, Homevoice and Microsoft's freebie, I have used the dragon engine but not with the pressure mic although I wasn't impressed (I may not have given it a chance, I was more than a bit peeved by then if my memory serves me) the only VR app I was impressed with was HAL and once again it was NOT reliably enough IMO to offer 24/7 VR for my family and thus found to be - not suitable. I may be asking too much from this generation of software, but saying that I am really impressed with the VR on my Nino WinCE PDA. so who knows??

The volume is more of a problem, the clarity when recorded using sound recorder is superb so much clearly than headset or free standing cheepo PC multimedia mics.