Re: Napco Gemini 3200

> thanks for the reply to my question...I've emailed that sales guy in
the
> past and had no reply :-( I get the feeling they can't be bothered
with
DIY
> installs.

I talked to them quite a bit (by phone) as I was going to install a Napco
(before discovering Comfort).  They kept telling me they could bring me a
panel in from the States but it wasn't supported here.

> I am really tempted to go for the comfort, it's certainly feature
packed!!
> There seems little info on the X10 side of things....It seems to say
you
can
> have only 16 timed events, this must be extremely limiting to consider
using
> it as a HA controller.

This is being raised in the next firware version from what I hear.

Andy...can you confirm this?

> I take it there is no if...then.. type logic for X10.
> One feature i am interested in is the ability to switch on lights when
PIR
> zones are triggered. I can't find any info on the flexibilty of it
though.

I am doing this with Comfort but using HomeVision for the logic.  You CAN
do
it  with Comfort alone but I'm more used to programming macros in HV. You
could also pass info from Comfort to HomeSeer if you prefer?

> Can you specify lamps to be ramped from 0% when motion is detected, or
would
> you have to send an X10 signal to homeseer/homevision to brighten the
light?
> (i'm trying to cut down on 2 sec latency i get with hawkeye / homeseer
> arrangment)

As I say, I'm currently doing this with HV.  The interface betwen Comfort
and HV is Dan's ACE software.  I believe he is also working on a version
that will "talk" to HomeSeer.  The 2 sec time you talk about is
reduced to 1
second in this setup.  I get HV to ramp-up and down the hall lights (for
example) although with the newer LD11s with soft start you don't need to do
this.

> Do you have keypads in many rooms or just by exit/entry routes?

I have 8 keypads around the house plus a doorphone at the front and back
doors.

Go on...you know you want it :-))

M.