Re: Controllerless distributed automation

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:21:18 -0000, you wrote:

>>I've been interested for a while in the Bik RF systems, ...
>
>I'm not familiar with that, - is it some "badge" system that
tracks the=20
>wearer?

No, it's based on a low intensity RF field produced by a small
oscillator, and any changes in field strength caused by an object
entering or leaving the area between the transmitter and receiver are
picked up.  It looked like a really good way to detect occupancy as the
field was modified by presence not movement.  No problems of the lights
going out if you don't move for 10 minutes :-)

> (snip)
>
>Sounds like you're pretty well placed to tackle these problems then, so
I=
=20
>wish you well - keep us informed how you progress, as I'm pretty
intereste=
d=20
>in some of these ideas as well... - If you want to bounce any ideas=20
>around....

I'd appreciate that - it's going to take a lot of pondering to make it
work, and two heads are always better than one.

I've started a write-up of the basics of the idea and I'll either put it
up on the web or mail it round anyone who's interested.  It'll be easier
to discuss if there's something more concrete to work from.

DP

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

R & D programmer        There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Sciences Ltd.      those who can count, and those who can't...