RE: BT - ADSL

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: BT - ADSL
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:31:12 -0000

ZAPro has a setting in the "Advanced Security properties" dialog regarding ICS. Once you've set it it works like a dream. There are some minor issues with W2k, but they usually revolve around the ZAPro database files getting corrupted. If you stop the ZAPro service, delete the files in the C:\WINNT\Internet Logs folder, and restart ZAPro, the it solves the problem. You'll need to grant permissions to all your internet apps again, but that only takes a few minutes. In order to get it working properly with ZA free you have to reduce security too far IMO.

On the contractual thing. There is nothing in the Madasafish Ts & Cs regarding using ICS (apart from the usual reserve the right to kick you off if you impact on other users clause). In fact I was told if I wanted multiple pop3 accounts I could just sign up for as many Madasafish 'free dialup' accounts as I wanted. I use the main email myself, and my sister-in-law, niece and nephew have their own pop3 accounts per login on the PC next door. Not bad for 40 quid a month eh?

Tim.