RE: Just starting out

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Just starting out
  • From: Mike Griffiths <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:09:30 -0000

See below
I would like to get to the point whereby I have near complete control over
everything internaly by voice
tall order at present talk to Mike at http://www.letsautomate.com/
he has had dealings with voice I think
and then remotely over the web.
You would be better of with Web first then Voice, just because it is easier

Prior to getting to my final goal, I believe I need to invest in some X10
products for the ability to control the range of electrical items in the
house,
for a full install you need to plan around Din unit X10 kit
You also need to plan your controller location as it manages to accumulate
kit around it
Read other peoples experiences on the web to get some idea
http://www.blackfirs.com/homeauto.htm
http://www.redoak.co.uk/hpx10auto.html
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/system.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~kerryparker/ha/index.htm

and the need for a central controller which again I have read the
reviews and ended up with a 2 horse race between Homeseer and HomeVision. I
am leaning more towards Homevision because of its standalone and
"TV"
ability.

Again can anyone comment on this.

Finally I am looking to purchase all of this for use in the UK,
Can UK spec be purchased abroad easily if so where ?
http://www.intellihome.be/
http://www.smarthome.com/

Or does anyone know a good UK supplier with good technical support should I
need it ?
http://www.letsautomate.com/
http://www.comfort.org.uk/

http://www.laser.com/