RE: PC suitable for HA controller?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: PC suitable for HA controller?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:26:45 -0000

Thanks Paul.

(I can't remember if I've already replied or not) - Chianti..

I'm, going to be "up north" around easter time, So I'l have a
look at this
place that everyone's talking about & see what I can pick up....
Otherwise,
I'll gladly take 500Mb - that's enough (just) for a decent Win98 install
plus an MP3 player, & so could make a perfectly good MP3 source for the
bedroom. (accessing the MP3's off the LAN of course).

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: "Paul Miller" <pmiller@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] PC suitable for HA controller?
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:16:25 -0000
>
>I have a 2.5" laptop drive you can have, its only about 500MB
though' :(
>The computer fare we were talking about a couple of days ago sells them
for
>around ?30 for 2gig
>I think its ?40 - 45 for 4gig if my memory serves me right.
>
>Paul

uncovered the
>following
>drives, free to anyone for the cost of sending them...
>
>(Mark M already has dibs on the IDE ones...)
>
>SCSI:  (narrow, 50-pin)
>Seagate Barracuda ST32550N x 2  (2.1GB)
>Connor CFP2105S x 1 (2.1GB)
>
>Wide-SCSI: (68-pin)
>IBM DORS-32160 x 3 (2.1GB)
>Seagate ST15150W x 1 (2.1GB - 2" form factor - sounds like a
Harrier
>jump-jet when it spins up...)
>
>IDE:
>Western Digital Caviar 2850 x 1 (850MB)
>Samsung PLS-30854A x 1 (850MB)
>
>All are 3.5" x 1" form factor, except for the one mentioned
above, all were
>working last time I took them out of the machines they were in...
>
>I Also have a P90 motherboard (with P90 fitted) if anyone's
interested..

>Oh, and I know I have one or two external 3.5" SCSI drive
enclosures
>somewhere (in the loft I think) with integral PSU's, external SCSI-ID
>switch, and twin micro-D connectors.
>
>Also, while were in "swap-shop" mode, don't suppose anyone
has a spare 2.5"
>IDE drive perchance? - or knows where I can get one cheap? - don't
>especially care about the size, but I've got a perfectly good Toshiba
Tecra
>550CDT laptop that has a dead disk.... (I'd like to get it set up as a
HA
>controller on my bedside table or something...)
>
>Cheers all.
>
>Paul G.
>

> >From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: [ukha_d] PC suitable for HA controller?
> >Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:14:55 -0000
> >
> >Paul
> >
> >I could use a couple of the IDE drives if possible?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >M.

(but I never
> >throw
> > > anything out!)
> > >
> > > I know I have a bunch of SCSI disks, all 2GB, most wide-SCSI
(68-pin
> > > connector), but there might be one or two narrow-SCSI (50
pin). As for
> >IDE
> > > ones, unfortunately most of my stash are just 850MB ones,
and I can't
> > > remember how many I've got left, as I have been pulling them
apart to
> >use
> >as
> > > fridge magnets!!
> > >
> > > Free to anyone who thinks it's worth the cost of the
postage...

> > > <End free hardware offer>
> > >
> > > Paul G.

though?