RE: calling VBS script gurus

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: calling VBS script gurus
  • From: "Paul Miller" <pmiller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:32:26 -0000

From: Steve Morgan [mailto:steve@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 February 2001 20:10
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] calling VBS script gurus

Paul,

Yes, it I got it OK.

Just a a couple of Q's for clarification:

The input file has one line per character, yes?
[Paul Miller]  yes

And should the output file should have one record per filename?
[Paul Miller] I'm not sure I understand this 100%, the output file can either be to a text file with the first line holding the first result, second line the second etc.. OR and this is up to you it could be sent serial to HomeVision directly programmed into HV RAM Screen, this could be really good. as stated the output would have to have been formatted into the no more than 24 characters etc. I could send you the information on how to send the information to HV serial if you would like..

Paul

To make things easier (and faster), I've started writing a COM component in C++ that will do the real work and we'll use a VBScript to invoke it. I was wasting time at work doing it but I'm on a training course until the end of the week ("Requirements Management with Use-Cases" - coo!), so it might be the weekend before I finish it. Hope that's OK.

Cheers,
Steve