RE: Dumb question - PC Audio connection?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Dumb question - PC Audio connection?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:28:04 -0000

Thus speaks the electronics guru...

...thanks Keith.

Keith, what's the state of play with the KAT5 project? I'm doing an install
for a friend this weekend which your composite + stereo audio + IR boards
would be *PERFECT* for and I've told him that you're working on them but I
was wondering if you had any plans as to when they were going to be
available?

Phil

"Entertainment"
> PC, (MP3 jukebox,
> > > games console, Web-TV etc), which is connected to an
> input on the home
> > > cinema amp in the lounge.
> > >
> > > I do have a long-term plan to (possibly*) merge these 2 PC's
into
> > > 1, but not
> > > until all the issues with Homeseer phone running under Win2K
are
> > > resolved, -
> > > my entertainment PC currently runs W2K, and I will
>NOT<
> downgrade it to
> > > Win9X, also, I don't want to merge them until I can also do
> > > processor U/G
> > > on the target PC.
> > >
> > > * I still "prefer" to keep these functions
seperate, however,
> > it does make
> > > it loads more difficult for the HA PC to control the
> > entertainment PC. If
> > > all this was on the same machine, it makes controlling the
> > > various software
> > > components a bit easier...
> > >
> > > However, I would like to merge the audio from these 2
sources, so
> > > that I can
> > > treat all the speakers around the house as a single
distributed
> > > system, - I
> > > find that I need this for parties, as I can easily drive
some
> > speakers in
> > > the garden from the HA PC's cellar-based amp, but not so
> easily from the
> > > home cinema amp... It also makes it better/easier to deal
> with Homeseer
> > > announcements when the entertainment PC is playing
> music... (sometimes
> > > difficult to hear the announcement, can't get the
> announcements over ALL
> > > speakers in the house etc.)
> > >
> > > I had thought about just getting a Y cable, and
> connecting both PC's
> > > soundcards line-out to the same input on the lounge
amplifier..