RE: Consumer Units

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Consumer Units
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:30:57 -0000

Appologies for picking this thread up again, but I am still trying to
decide
what I need in the way of consumer units. I will have 19 LD10 modules which
cover 17 'Rooms' (including garage, outside, landing etc). I know that each
LD10 needs to have a spare 'slot' on one side to avoid over heating.
However
I am not sure how to work out the MCB's. Should I have one per LD10 (seems
like over kill) or one per room or one per logical group of rooms or one
per
floor (3). Also am I better off getting several smaller consumer units
(like
Mark has displayed on his site) or one or two larger units that can take
40+
MCBs. Finally the installation instructions for the LD10 show the wires
going to/from the momentary switch(es) and the live/neutral wires, what it
doesn't show is where exactly a MCB would fit in (especially where I have
several LD10s connected to a single MCB). Does anyone have any diagram or
photos of this sort of set up that I could see ?

Thanks for any assistance

Graham

P.S. I will not be doing this work myself, as you can tell from the
questions I am no electrician, but I do want to understand this in case the
electrician knows nothing about X10.