Re: Put your Pronto ideas to "Mr Philips"

Personally I would like some form of spatially conscious holographic
projectile
[sorry, projection]. Capable of staying in the same position relative to
the
user regardless of motion or activity.

Seriously though, lots of good suggestions already, so apologies if I
repeat
any.
- Rechargeable battery and docking station as standard - with a lower price
[£50
for a battery and mains plug, come on]
- Larger screen [I think that was mentioned already]
- Colour on all models - the best way to get the price of the colour units
down
is to make them ALL colour, hopefully.
- Much, much, much better software.
- Open API's, fully documented to allow platform independent third party
development. Keep it free and bug free.
- Together with the larger screen option, wireless networking for mail
& web
etc. [can anyone say epods?]
- Ability to use it in a portrait or landscape format [flickable switch?]

A larger screen really brings out the question of a different model. I
wouldn't
want to loose the small footprint of the current pronto just to get 'other
features', but a second larger pronto could be a nice compromise -
especially
for people with two or more. Would probably require the ability for all
pronto's
to share the same configuration files if user wanted, to prevent having to
re-create the basic features of the remote control side for each different
model.

Oh yeah, and an ethernet port at the back [hot plug/unplug] for those with
no
wireless network or want to wall mount.

Calum