RE: Need to find "stock"...

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Need to find "stock"...
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:00:39 -0000

I've always just gone to the local steel stockholder and asked for what I
want.
Hand over some folding stuff and leave with metal.

I also has a custom heatsink made for a BIG amplifier. It consisted of
loads
of pieces of 3mm Aluminium sheet bent into L shaped pieces. They guilotined
and bent the pieces in under 20 minutes and I left after handing over the
cash.

If you dont need long lengths then offcuts may be suitable. There must be
shipyards or similar engineering works around Southampton where you could
scrounge the bits you want.

Keith