RE: Discounted X10 modules PC World

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Discounted X10 modules PC World
  • From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <andyb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:20:01 -0000

Hmmm - I actually had a phone call from my local Homebase regarding some
pasting tables I'd ordered, and he told me that they were closing down all
the big stores as they were focussing on the smaller ones.

This one is in Greenwich and is as big (if not bigger) than any B&Q
I've
been to.  It's also got a huge Jewson store tacked onto the side of it.

There's also a notice on the window saying its closing down.

Andy

*****

Re: Homebase

Erm, the most recent news that I'd heard is that they were going to open
about 25 more this year, and refurbish 70. Schroders also seem to want to
concentrate on the _bigger_ stores, so if anything it would be the
"mini"
ones that suffered.

Homebase stores are on average, about half the sq. ft. of B&Qs.

Mark