Re: PC Remote Controller

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PC Remote Controller
  • From: simon rafferty <musashi1977uk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:59:06 +0000 (GMT)

  Karl Moore <karl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm, OK - call me dumb :)

Most do. But you guys made a great recommendation some time ago for a new company selling a wireless or infrared solution for the PC. It basically accepted commands via a control, then performed some custom action on your computer - such as launching an application or whatever. I think it cost about £29.95.

Thing is... uhm... forgotten what it was or where it was. Absolutely cannot find any references to it anywhere, no matter how hard I try. Anyone got any ideas here? Or any alternatives - a wireless, non-IR solution is preferred. Thanks!! :)

Toodle-pip!

  ---   Karlos

I dont know about non IR but if you are looking for a nice IR solution I am going to order one of these to control my MP3 jukebox http://www.usbstuff.com/infrared.html

It looks pretty cool, is USB and will control Winamp !!!. The Juke box itself is a rather sexy Asus Terminator Desktop Barebones System - AMD (FS-001-AS)Asus Terminator from www.overclockers.co.uk .