Re: Attention all CAT5 freaks !!! :o)

Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Attention all CAT5 freaks !!! :o)

> Robert,
>
> Let me get this right. You need to terminate all the cables first (punch
> them down into sockets) and then you use this tool together with a 'perfect'
> patch lead to verify that your punch down effort has been spot on?
>
> In the case of a fault - Can it tell if a cable has been damaged in the
> middle - or does it assume that the cable is fine and that the fault lies at
> the punch down point?

Just plug one end of your cable into the Atlas IT and the other into the Atlas Terminator and press “test”. In seconds the unit will identify the cable type (straight through, crossover or token ring) and verify every connection.

 If there are any faults then they are clearly explained on screen.

Socket testing is possible too thanks to the special patch cables included in the outfit. Swapped lines, missing lines, shorted lines are all uniquely identified together with the full connection pattern!

I know nothing more than what is on the website Chris, i aint got one yet :O(
I mailed colin who appears to be there sales guy before christmas but havent had a reply yet re:- your last question.

Ive only had 2 positive replies to buying these in bulk BTW, will leave it till the new year to see if anyone else is interested, if we havent got 10 definite orders by then, ill drop the bulk purchase.

Cheers

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcarbob.com

The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter of 1901

we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's own arse

---

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk