Re: RE: American X10

On Friday 28 December 2001 17:46 pm, Karl Moore wrote:
>   Hello Gang!
>
>   OK, so slap me silly for a question that's probably been asked ten
> zillion times before... but can you use an American X10 device in the
UK
> with the aid of an ugly adapter? Or does the interference affect
signals
> getting through? I'm thinking money here as opposed to aesthetics...
:)

You can alter US modules to run at 240V, check out Ido Bartana's website
for
more info ( http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana
)

>   Also, one further quickie - how do you receive "feedback"
from X10
> devices? I have a CM12U, which I don't think 'takes in' information.
Do I
> need a receiver for this? How does that work?

That all depends what you mean. The big downside to X10 in the UK is that
very few modules will report their state, so it's up to your
controller/software to keep track of state (no easy task)

The CM12U will listen to the powerline and send any X10 commands it hears
through to the serial interface, where you HA software can do with the as
it
pleases.

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>